What's MoveOn's relationship to Occupy Wall Street?
MoveOn stands in solidarity with the brave protesters at Occupy Wall Street, but we're not Occupy Wall Street and we're not trying to become Occupy Wall Street. That said, many individual MoveOn members have chosen to participate in their local occupations and many others have provided material support.
MoveOn's members agree with many of the core beliefs that protesters at Occupy Wall Street have expressed—that corporations have far too much power in our political system, that our economy is only working for the richest 1% of Americans while leaving 99% of us behind, and that big Wall Street banks wrecked our economy and were never held accountable.
And as would be true with any diverse, vibrant movement like Occupy Wall Street, MoveOn members don't agree with everything Occupy Wall Street supporters say. But we're grateful for the amazing work that Occupy Wall Street has done to highlight deep problems that for too long have been ignored in public discussions.
Did this answer your question? If not, please try another topic or question, or try searching Help, or contact us.